Friday, August 10, 2012

A Beka Book Curriculum Is Ordered!!

I decided that instead of trying to put together my own curriculum for Kindergarten (books here and there I picked up from various stores) I was just going to ask my fellow home school friends in our Facebook H.O.P.E page { https://www.facebook.com/groups/308673932547008/ } what would be the best curriculum to use for Phonics. Then it came to me. It was brought back to my remembrance that I absolutely loved the curriculum I helped teach when I was a 1st grade teacher's aid. So, I did some research {including seeking prayer and wisdom} and it was final! Friday, August 10, 2012 was the official ordering day.

I ordered the whole parent/child K5 kit including a Science and Social Studies book to incorporate into the curriculum as well. It is a Christian-God based curriculum, and they did have for another couple hundred dollars the whole Bible Program, but I decided that since this was my 1st year homeschooling, I wouldn't over do it. Not to say that I shouldn't have a biblical subject included, but the boys are BOTH in the Awana's club at church that goes on during the whole school year. They will have a memory scripture every week (sometimes two scriptures) and homework that I will use as their Bible class.

Trying to patiently await the order, I finally received the parent kit yesterday (and yes, I squealed). Today the  child kit will arrive!

I sat down last night and went over the parent guides and made the copies I needed. I have pretty much everything I need except for a flannel board with some visual aids. I will be visiting hobby lobby this week. :)

Once my kit arrives today, I will spend this week preparing. Home school starts August 27th!

No comments:

Post a Comment