Monday, August 27, 2012

Flannel Board and Learning Room!

One of the tools I will need this year (strongly suggested) would be a flannel board. I checked online and at hobby lobby and unless I want to spend $80.00 for a stand alone flannel board I would have to make it myself. SO- as some of you know {or those who don't} I am pretty crafty when it comes to creating things such as this because I just have the tools and talent to do so! {er--most of the time}
I purchased a thick poster board and glued two large black (adhesive) felt sheets on to it. 

While at Hobby Lobby I also tried to locate some bulk letters/numbers/shapes in felt that I wouldn't have to cut out myself. Everything had adhesive though, which I wouldn't be able to use. I was quite disappointed that I could not locate any felt items that had NO adhesive! 

I used my Cricut to cut out 30 shapes of circles, triangles, squares, hearts and stars on card stock to use for the counting part of the Numbers/Phonics Curriculum. Then I glued a small piece of felt on the back of them and it works great. I dreaded the thought of cutting numbers and letters out - sounds a bit time consuming! But- I finally searched further and found that the A Beka website had felt numbers and letters and ordered for $22.50. YAY!! 



I have officially turned our breakfast room into our learning room. Here are a couple photo's of what we have set up so far.




As for my 3 year old, here is where he learns and plays while we are working on school work. Along with a Leap Frog/Blue's Clues/Super Why Netflix video! YAY! This photo was actually taken a few days ago, so he has certainly been grouping/counting/learning through play all along! ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment