Saturday, September 1, 2012

First Week Survived!

I am excited to say that we have survived our first week of home school! To solve my flannel board issue previous post, I mentioned that I went ahead and ordered right off the A Beka Book site. THEY CAME! YIPEE!! Can't wait to show pictures as we use them next week!

As for Kien, he is such a sweet spirited boy, and if you would like an invite to our personal blog {of which I also don't have much time for either lol} here is your invite! I would love to give you a window into the life God has blessed us with! www.walshnews.blogspot.com

Now, one week down, another yet to come. I have three exciting news updates. One, Gabriel is officially enrolled in Mother's Day Out! This will be his 3rd year, and we are so very happy for him! He will be attending 2 days a week, which will be very helpful while I can actually have 2 days a week one on one time with JUST Kieney bean! BLISS!

Secondly, Kien is officially enrolled in GYMNASTICS! YAY!! I am so excited for him because he carries the ability to agile and flexible -and I mean BEYOND anyone his age! We have always compared that Kien lands like a cat and Gabe like a dog. Two very different in their physical attributes! We also discovered that there is a position called the "Asian Squat" and Kien sure knows this by ALL NATUR-AL! It comes naturally to those of the Asian race. It's a "comfortable" way to squat and trust me, I TRIED and it is NOT comfy!

Lastly, Grandma will be here by end of next week! That's right! She has sold her house in Canada, bought the perfect house for her here in Texas. I am very happy for her and happy she will be here to be a part of our lives and her grand children's lives!

So, there is my update for the first week. I am loving so far the A Beka Book curriculum and it is so easy to teach. Kieny Beans favorite subject so far seems to be phonics as he is so into listening for the words with the correct short vowel. YESSSSS!

On a my final post of tonight, I wanted to mention that I have planned on using the Awana's Club for our Bible/Scripture lessons. I was worried that Gabe would have a hard time with it as he IS 3 years old and he IS a squirmy little fella, but WOW was I blown away with his ability to remember his first scripture, "God loved us, and sent His Son." 1 John 4:10 He was a little apprehensive at first to repeat me, so I am going to be praying specifically that he breaks that and eases into remembering. Of course weekly rewards at the Club will help reiterate all that. :) :)

I will share some of the lessons and what we are learning as we move along. The first few weeks are not "grading" weeks, so we are just trying to get into the hang of things!

Thank you for reading!
Be sure to join the H.O.P.E group if you haven't already. There is SO SO SO many resources and experience from new to very seasoned homeschooling parents.

God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Grandma can contribute by shuttling kids! But I need a carseat!!!! Glad to hear week 1 went so well!

    ReplyDelete