Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Things I have learned so far...

I hope for anyone else who may be reading who are also homeschooling has had a great 2 weeks thus far! I  am learning SO much from my son. It seems as if him being in the preschool Mother's Day Out class has just helped him excel so much! I just love that God lead us to a place where all the teachers just love/loved on my little boys. I have to give them a special shout out because I really believe they played a vital role in planting the seeds of WANTING to learn and some simple things like teaching them a sense of order and respect along with a lot of love!

With that being said, I have known that Kien likes to color with both hands but does not like to write much. He writes stronger with his right than his left, but sometimes will want to start a letter with one and finish the letter with the other hand. Although I am not pushing him to use one over the other, I do ask him to use his right hand for writing. We did manage to write the lower case "e" correctly instead of backwards and upside down after a bazillion tries and finally using my own description instead of the curriculum's example. When we reached that accomplishment, oh the praises were flying high and his excitement was even more! Over a simple little "e" ?? Yes!!!

- He likes to get up out of his seat (so glad that there are a few -stand up sit down- games for listening for certain vowels in words etc...)
- I have learned that he is more motivated when there small breaks and is willing to do more work when HE decides instead of me planning it.
- I learned that I have a deficiency in organization and I am constantly making sure to stay organized, but my patience level rises higher on the scale than I thought it was going to be.

Today marks the first day that Kien and I were able to sit down together with NO distractions  (minus the barking dog when he needed help getting up to go potty outside) from others as the Mother's Day Out started for Gabriel! It was quite nice him and I.

Other than these -probably non exciting to others- things, I am not even close to realizing what lies ahead. Between prayer and guidance by God's word and other seasoned homeschooling parents I can't wait to see the actual fruits of our labor in the heart of my child! I keep confessing that if God lead me to it, He surly will equip me for it! So far, it's going very well!


No comments:

Post a Comment