Friday, September 14, 2012

Week 3, and moving right along...

We have officially completed week three, and I am so encouraged because I am having such a great time with my lil guy. He is so open to learn, and just soaks everything up. Sure, there are days he still wants to play and not do the work, and he is realizing {slowly but surly} that the longer he has attitude, the longer he has to sit there -the longer it will be before we can complete our lessons. Once he gets out of his funk, he really gets into it and has a great time. My prayers are going to be focused on asking God to give me the positive encouragement to speak over him in these times. So far, maybe about 3-4 times he has done this. It's also only the 3rd week!

We actually had to double up lessons due to doctor's appointments and a mishap with hubby's tires. No biggy because it was well worth the time!

I was concerned that he was having issues with the short vowel "e" because he would mix it up with the "i" sound and missed it in some words. I definitely took the time to really focus more on phonics and even became a bit creative, and WHHHAAAALLAAAHHH! He got it!

Today was basically Oral exams (non -graded, just notes on his ability to follow directions and see if he is struggling in any of the taught lessons) and he did FANTASTIC! YAY!!

So, I have found that instead of letting either of the boys watch pointless movies, Super Why and Leap Frog have had a bigger and better impact! Even my 3 year old is somewhat learning along side his big brother!
YAY!

Now, with the hubby out of town for the weekend, I am going to take advantage and get some lesson planning completed for the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment